Signs of Prescription Drug Addiction
Are you struggling with:
- Choosing using your prescriptions drugs over activities that don’t involve using, even if it means missing important moments with your family and friends?
- Your changing behaviour, particularly at home, at work or around your kids?
- Telling anyone the truth about how much you are misusing your prescription drugs, and hiding the behaviour?
- Withdrawal symptoms related to your particular type of prescription drug, such as feeling high, drowsy or confused on opioids, or having insomnia, anxiety and paranoia from stimulants?
These are common signs you may need help for a prescription drug addiction. If you need help or someone to talk to about how to quit, call us today. Your road to recovery starts here.
Prescription drug addiction can happen when a medication prescribed by a doctor is used in a way not intended by the prescribing doctor. Prescription drug abuse, addiction or problematic use can mean everything from taking a friend’s prescribed painkiller for your own headache to snorting or injecting ground-up prescriptions pills to get high.
Anyone, at any age, can become addicted to prescription drugs such as opioid painkillers, anti-anxiety medicines, stimulants and sedatives. If you think you have, or a loved one has, a problem with prescription drug use, we can help.
We’ve helped over 50,000 people recover from substance addictions and we can help you too.
Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment at Renascent
Addiction to prescribed drugs is serious and effective help is available. It starts with you seeking help. Then, the journey to healing and recovery can begin.
At Renascent, our comprehensive, person-centred Toronto and Durham region addiction treatment programs take place in safe, serene and caring environments inside beautifully restored heritage homes. Our abstinence-based model integrates 12-step facilitation with other best practices in clinical and medical approaches, which are proven to make a difference in long-term sobriety.
Our intensive in-patient drug abuse treatment program (28–35 day stays) provides around-the-clock counselling and support from our team of registered psychotherapists and certified drug and alcohol addiction specialists, all of whom have lived experience of addiction and long-term recovery.
At Renascent we treat the whole person, because drug addiction affects you on every level. Your care will be based on a prescription drug addiction rehab program tailored to meet your unique needs.
The abstinence-based treatment we offer means even those with the most serious of drug addictions can find renewed health and healing, and a truly transformative experience.
Why Renascent Addiction Rehab Centres?
Our substance addiction treatment programs address all your complete individual needs, supporting you through the detox process and give you the tools you need for lasting healing and long-term recovery.
- We are a national leader in treating substance use disorders.
- Over 50 years, we’ve helped over 50,000 people.
- We are a not-for-profit treatment centre – our generous donors help offset your costs for high quality, leading treatment programs that work.
- We are fully accredited and use evidence-based clinical best practices.
- Our treatment centres are serene, comfortable, restorative settings.
- Our holistic approach addresses the families, children, loved ones, workplaces, and communities who are also affected by addiction.
- Our staff are professionally certified or licensed and have lived experiences of addiction and long-term recovery.
Overcoming Addiction – Treatment that Works
Our addiction treatment centres offer rehab programs individually and in groups, presented by our team of registered psychotherapists and certified drug addiction specialists, all of whom have lived experience of addiction and long-term recovery.
Renascent’s rehab centres are comfortable, beautifully restored heritage homes, not bleak institutions. You will be surrounded by loving, caring, experienced staff and other people who are also getting help for an addiction and on a journey of recovery – the best possible environment for addiction help and healing.
Specifically, our holistic substance addiction treatment program provides you with:
- Person-centred, accredited, alcohol addiction treatment;
- Serene, caring, addiction treatment centres in beautiful, comfortable heritage homes in the Toronto and Durham region;
- 12-step and other peer-support programs and meetings that work;
- Choice of 28–35 day inpatient rehab programs
- Round-the-clock support;
- Certified addiction treatment specialists – trained doctors, psychologists, therapists, counsellors, and social workers;
- Education on addiction and recovery; and
- Group and one-on-one counselling and therapy.
- Gender-specific and LGBTQ+ friendly rehab programs;
- Comprehensive mental and physical health assessments;
- Mindfulness therapy;
- Art therapy;
- Regular, nutritious, and delicious meals;
- Guidance on developing a healthy sleep schedule; and
- Optional Continuing Care aftercare program for ongoing support and relapse prevention.