To support you with the process of entering our intensive inpatient treatment program, here is some information about what to bring and expect for your stay.
- Double-check the location of your treatment centre. Renascent has four treatment centres. The name and address of the treatment centre you will be attending is located in your admission letter.
- Bring your valid health card number and proof of your negative PCR test result.
- Bring the record that you have taken your daily dose of Methadone or Suboxone, or any other Opiate Agonist Therapy, if applicable.
- If you are on medications, please bring a supply to last the duration of your stay, in their original containers.
Please note, all clients attend a medical assessment with our physician(s) while in treatment. Our Physicians may review and add/adjust medications while you are in treatment.
- Towels and washcloth
- Cigarettes for the duration of your stay, if you smoke
- Toiletries (toothbrush, shampoo, soap, shaving gear, etc.)
- Cell phone/laptop/tablet for virtual sessions
- Seasonal outerwear and footwear
- Comfortable and appropriate clothing and footwear for indoor use (casual dress is fine).
- Quarters for the payphone or phone cards for use. Cell phone/computer and payphone use is permitted on a limited basis per day during treatment.
- Clients currently on bail are to bring their bail papers.
Do not bring:
- Personal vehicles
- Addictive and/or mood altering substances. Learn more about “Preparing for Treatment: Abstinence from Substances”
- Personal blankets, pillows
- Sharp instruments/weapons
- Due to Covid-19, visitors are not permitted at our centres at this time. Personal items may be dropped off if pre-arranged with staff.
Family and Loved Ones
Renascent has a suite of Family Care Programs for your family and loved ones. Invite them to attend a Family Information Night virtually, from 7 – 8:30 p.m. on the first Tuesday of every month. Registration is not required.
Attend Family Care Program Meeting
Family Care Alumni Support Group Meetings
For alumni of Family Care programs
Every Tuesday, 7 p.m. Zoom.
Meeting ID: 939 7054 5262
Dial by your location