To support you with the process of entering our intensive inpatient treatment program, here is some information about what to bring and expect for your stay.
- Double-check the location of your treatment centre. Renascent has four treatment centres. The name and address of the treatment centre you will be attending is located in your admission letter.
- Bring your valid health card number.
- Bring the record that you have taken your daily dose of Methadone or Suboxone, or any other Opiate Agonist Therapy, if applicable.
- If you are on medications, please bring a supply to last the duration of your stay, in their original containers.
Please note, all clients attend a medical assessment with our physician(s) while in treatment. Our Physicians may review and add/adjust medications while you are in treatment.
- Towels and washcloth
- Cigarettes for the duration of your stay, if you smoke
- Toiletries (toothbrush, shampoo, soap, shaving gear, etc.)
- Cell phone/laptop/tablet for virtual sessions
- Seasonal outerwear and footwear
- Comfortable and appropriate clothing and footwear for indoor use (casual dress is fine).
- Quarters for the payphone or phone cards for use. Cell phone/computer and payphone use is permitted on a limited basis per day during treatment.
- Clients currently on bail are to bring their bail papers.
- Approximately $60 via (Debit, Credit or Presto Card) to cover regular transportation to recovery meetings in the community during your stay. At this time, this is required only for clients admitted to Renascent Madison Avenue Centre and Renascent Graham Munro Centre.
Do not bring:
- Please do not bring valuables. Renascent is not responsible for the loss or damage of these items. If any of your belongings require safe keeping, please let an addictions counsellor know upon admission.
- Personal vehicles
- Addictive and/or mood altering substances. Learn more about “Preparing for Treatment: Abstinence from Substances”
- Personal blankets, pillows
- Sharp instruments/weapons
- Visitation is restricted. Personal items may be dropped off if pre-arranged with staff.
Family and Loved Ones
Renascent has a suite of Family Care Programs for your family and loved ones. Invite them to attend a Family Information Night virtually, from 7 – 8:30 p.m. on the first Tuesday of every month. Registration is not required.
Attend Family Care Program Meeting
Family Care Alumni Support Group Meetings
For alumni of Family Care programs
Every Tuesday, 7 p.m. Zoom.
Meeting ID: 939 7054 5262
Dial by your location