Signs of Amphetamine Addiction*
Do you struggle with:
- Increased tolerance to amphetamines – you need to take more and more of the drug to get the desired effect?
- Cravings and compulsive use of amphetamines?
- Withdrawal symptoms when you don’t take amphetamines, such as a feeling of “crashing”, fatigue, restless sleep, irritability, intense hunger, depression, suicidal behaviour and fits of violence?
- Increased use of other drugs like alcohol and cannabis to help you relax and sleep?
These are all signs and symptoms of amphetamine misuse and addiction.
If you need help or someone to talk to about how to quit amphetamines, call us for help. Your road to recovery starts here.
There are different types of amphetamines: amphetamine, methamphetamine, and dextroamphetamine, and also related drugs such as methylphenidate (e.g., Ritalin). These stimulant drugs speed up the central nervous system and act like adrenaline, a hormone that is one of the body’s natural stimulants.
Many amphetamine drugs are medicines prescribed by doctors. When taken as prescribed, amphetamines and related drugs do not cause addiction. But they can be dangerous and addictive when misused.
Misuse and overuse of amphetamines is linked to risky and violent behaviour, and overdose can cause seizures, coma and death due.
If you, or someone you love, are struggling with an amphetamine addiction, we can help. Addicts can and do recover with the right drug addiction treatment.
We’ve helped more than 50,000 people recover from substance addictions and we can help you too.
Amphetamine Addiction Treatment – Our Trusted Approach
Help, treatment and support are all available at Renascent to help you change your life and recover from addiction.
Our comprehensive, person-centred Toronto region addiction treatment programs take place in safe, serene and caring environments inside beautifully restored heritage homes. Our abstinence-based model integrates 12-step facilitation with other best practices in clinical and medical approaches, which are proven to make a difference in long-term sobriety.
Our intensive in-patient addiction treatment program (28–42 day stays) provides around-the-clock counselling and support from our team of registered psychotherapists and certified drug and alcohol addiction specialists, all of whom have lived experience of addiction and long-term recovery.
At Renascent we treat the whole person, because drug addiction affects you on every level. Your care will be based on an addiction treatment program tailored to meet your unique needs.
At Renascent, amphetamine addiction treatment consists of a multi-disciplinary approach to the problem of addiction. It’s an approach that has helped thousands of people who once struggled with addiction achieve lasting recovery.
Why Renascent Addiction Rehab Centres?
Our substance addiction treatment programs address all your complete individual needs, supporting you through the detox process and give you the tools you need for lasting healing and long-term recovery.
- We are a national leader in treating substance use disorders.
- Over 50 years, we’ve helped more than 50,000 people.
- We are a not-for-profit treatment centre – our generous donors help offset your costs for high quality, leading treatment programs that work.
- We are fully accredited and use evidence-informed clinical best practices.
- Our treatment centres are serene, comfortable, restorative settings.
- Our holistic approach addresses the families, children, loved ones, workplaces, and communities who are also affected by addiction.
- Our staff are professionally certified or licensed and have lived experiences of addiction and long-term recovery.
Overcoming Addiction – Treatment that Works
Our addiction treatment centres offer rehab programs individually and in groups, presented by our team of registered psychotherapists and certified drug addiction specialists, all of whom have lived experience of addiction and long-term recovery.
Renascent’s rehab centres are comfortable, beautifully restored heritage homes, not bleak institutions. You will be surrounded by loving, caring, experienced staff and other people who are also getting help for an addiction and on a journey of recovery – the best possible environment for addiction help and healing.
Specifically, our holistic substance addiction treatment program provides you with:
- Person-centred, accredited, alcohol addiction treatment;
- Serene, caring, addiction treatment centres in beautiful, comfortable heritage homes in the Toronto and Durham region;
- 12-step and other peer-support programs and meetings that work;
- Choice of 28–35 day inpatient rehab programs
- Round-the-clock support;
- Certified addiction treatment specialists – trained doctors, psychologists, therapists, counsellors, and social workers;
- Education on addiction and recovery; and
- Group and one-on-one counselling and therapy.
- Gender-specific and LGBTQ+ friendly rehab programs;
- Comprehensive mental and physical health assessments;
- Mindfulness therapy;
- Art therapy;
- Regular, nutritious, and delicious meals;
- Guidance on developing a healthy sleep schedule; and
- Optional Continuing Care aftercare program for ongoing support and relapse prevention.