Oxycodone Side Effects and Signs of Addiction
Are you struggling with:
- A need to use more oxycodone, and more often, to get the same effect?
- Physical symptoms such as shakes, cramps, vomiting, muscle pain, trouble sleeping and restlessness when you aren’t using oxycodone?
- Spending more time and money getting oxycodone than with friends, family and activities you used to enjoy?
These are all signs of oxycodone withdrawal and addiction. If you have any of these symptoms, know there is help.
If you need help or someone to talk to about how to quit oxycodone, call us for help. We can help you, your family or friends, deal with the effects of your oxycodone addiction.
Your road to recovery starts here.
Oxycodone Addiction Treatment
If you have tried to stop using oxycodone, but can’t, know that there is help. At Renascent, you have access to leading drug addiction rehab programs and services proven to work. We offer a comprehensive, person-centred addiction treatment program in safe, caring environments inside beautifully restored heritage homes in the Toronto and Durham regions.
Our treatment model integrates 12-step facilitation with other best practices in clinical and medical approaches, including medication assisted therapies which are proven to make a difference in long-term sobriety.
Our intensive inpatient program (28–35 day stays) provides around-the-clock counselling and support from our team of registered psychotherapists and certified drug addiction specialists, all of whom have lived experience of addiction and recovery.
At Renascent we treat the whole person, because a drug addiction affects you on every level. Your care will be based on an oxycodone addiction treatment program designed just for you.
OxyContin vs. Oxycodone
OxyContin is the name of a form of oxycodone that was widely prescribed by doctors between 1995 and 2012, but also widely misused and overused by people with addictions to this pain medicine.
OxyContin is no longer available in Canada, and has been replaced for medical use by a pain medicine called OxyNEO.
Oxycodone is also found in:
- Other drugs products, with other medicines, such as Percocet, Oxycocet and Endocet
- Immediate-release products like Oxy-IR
- In controlled-release products including OxyNEO, Apo-Oxycodone CR and PMS-Oxycodone CR.
When used as your doctor has prescribed, oxycodone medicines can be helpful to people with severe pain, but they can be very dangerous: misuse or overuse of oxycodone can lead to addiction and overdose.
We’ve helped over 50,000 people recover from substance addictions and we can help you too.
Why Renascent Addiction Rehab Centres?
Our substance addiction treatment programs address all your complete individual needs, supporting you through the detox process and give you the tools you need for lasting healing and long-term recovery.
- We are a national leader in treating substance use disorders.
- Over 50 years, we’ve helped over 50,000 people.
- We are a not-for-profit treatment centre – our generous donors help offset your costs for high quality, leading treatment programs that work.
- We are fully accredited and use evidence-based clinical best practices.
- Our treatment centres are serene, comfortable, restorative settings.
- Our holistic approach addresses the families, children, loved ones, workplaces, and communities who are also affected by addiction.
- Our staff are professionally certified or licensed and have lived experiences of addiction and long-term recovery.
Overcoming Addiction – Treatment that Works
Our addiction treatment centres offer rehab programs individually and in groups, presented by our team of registered psychotherapists and certified drug addiction specialists, all of whom have lived experience of addiction and long-term recovery.
Renascent’s rehab centres are comfortable, beautifully restored heritage homes, not bleak institutions. You will be surrounded by loving, caring, experienced staff and other people who are also getting help for an addiction and on a journey of recovery – the best possible environment for addiction help and healing.
Specifically, our holistic substance addiction treatment program provides you with:
- Person-centred, accredited, alcohol addiction treatment;
- Serene, caring, addiction treatment centres in beautiful, comfortable heritage homes in the Toronto and Durham region;
- 12-step and other peer-support programs and meetings that work;
- Choice of 28–35 day inpatient rehab programs
- Round-the-clock support;
- Certified addiction treatment specialists – trained doctors, psychologists, therapists, counsellors, and social workers;
- Education on addiction and recovery; and
- Group and one-on-one counselling and therapy.
- Gender-specific and LGBTQ+ friendly rehab programs;
- Comprehensive mental and physical health assessments;
- Mindfulness therapy;
- Art therapy;
- Regular, nutritious, and delicious meals;
- Guidance on developing a healthy sleep schedule; and
- Optional Continuing Care aftercare program for ongoing support and relapse prevention.