One of the best ways you can be of service is to become an Alumni Contact – introducing newly sober clients or family members to 12-step members and meetings in your community.
Our contact program is vital to the success of our alumni. Outcome studies show that alumni who regularly attend 12-step meetings and sponsor others are twice as successful.
During the final week of a client’s rehab program, our counsellors will facilitate contact between you and the client. Wherever possible we try to match women with women and men with men.
As a contact you are free to accept or decline any opportunities presented to you. You don’t need to be a Renascent alumnus yourself to serve as an Alumni Contact.
We want you to get the most out of this opportunity, however it is important to note that the role of a contact does not include being a sponsor, best friend, therapist, or a substitute for a 12-step program.
To become an Alumni Contact, please read the following eligibility and confidentiality requirements.
Renascent Contact Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for service, an Alumni Contact must:
- Regularly attend 12-step meetings and have a Home Group;
- Take the new Renascent alum to a few meetings and introduce them to other 12-step group members;
- Sign a confidentiality agreement.
In addition, an Alumni Contact working with people in recovery must:
- Have a minimum of three months of continuous sobriety;
- Be available to meet the client within 24 to 48 hours of their return home and/or be available by phone.
Renascent Contact Confidentiality Agreement
- As a volunteer a contact, I will have access to information and material relating to clients, employees, other individuals, or Renascent, which are of a private and confidential nature.
- At all times, I shall respect the privacy and dignity of clients, employees and all associated individuals.
- I shall treat all Renascent administrative, financial, client, employee and other records as confidential material, and I will protect them to ensure full confidentiality. I shall not read records or discuss, divulge or disclose such information unless there is a legitimate purpose as it relates to my duties as an Alumni Contact.
- I shall ensure that confidential information is not inappropriately accessed, used or released either directly by me, or by virtue of my signature or security access to premises or systems.
- I also understand that should any of these conditions be breached, Renascent may withdraw my status as an Alumni Contact.
Become an Alumni Contact
To become an Alumni Contact, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.