Signs of heroin addiction
Are you struggling with:
- Using heroin more, and more often?
- Cravings for heroin?
- Wanting to quit, detox or cut down, or trying unsuccessfully to quit?
- Spending a lot of time and effort getting, using, and recovering from heroin?
- Failing to fulfil responsibilities at work, school, or home, but still using heroin?
- Giving up activities that you once enjoyed?
- Using opioids in dangerous situations?
- Feeling ill when you don’t use heroin, a sign of withdrawal and physical heroin dependence?
These are common signs you may need help for heroin addiction. If you need help or someone to talk to about how to quit heroin, call us for help.
Your road to recovery starts here.
Heroin is a semi-synthetic opioid: it is made in a lab from morphine that has been chemically processed. It enters the brain quickly and produces a more immediate effect. It is highly addictive and dangerous – death from heroin overdose is an immediate and real danger.
The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health reports that there are also long-term dangers of heroin abuse and heroin addiction: research using brain scans shows that long-term regular use of heroin can change the way your brain works, and that it can take months or years for the brain to return to normal. With treatment, these effects are reversible.
We’ve helped over 50,000 people recover from substance addictions and we can help you too.
Heroin Addiction Rehab – Our Approach is the Difference
Once the first step is taken – admitting you need help for heroin addiction – the journey to healing and recovery has begun.
Our comprehensive, person-centred Toronto region addiction treatment programs take place in safe, serene and caring environments inside beautifully restored heritage homes. Our abstinence-based model integrates 12-step facilitation with other best practices in clinical and medical approaches, which are proven to make a difference in long-term sobriety.
Our intensive in-patient heroin abuse treatment program (28–35 day stays) provides around-the-clock counselling and support from our team of registered psychotherapists and certified drug and alcohol addiction specialists, all of whom have lived experience of addiction and long-term recovery.
At Renascent we treat the whole person, because heroin addiction affects you on every level. Your care will be based on a heroin rehab program tailored to meet your unique needs.
The abstinence-based treatment we offer means even those with the most serious of drug addictions can find renewed health and healing, and a truly transformative experience.
Why Renascent Addiction Rehab Centres?
Our substance addiction treatment programs address all your complete individual needs, supporting you through the detox process and give you the tools you need for lasting healing and long-term recovery.
- We are a national leader in treating substance use disorders.
- Over 50 years, we’ve helped over 50,000 people.
- We are a not-for-profit treatment centre – our generous donors help offset your costs for high quality, leading treatment programs that work.
- We are fully accredited and use evidence-based clinical best practices.
- Our treatment centres are serene, comfortable, restorative settings.
- Our holistic approach addresses the families, children, loved ones, workplaces, and communities who are also affected by addiction.
- Our staff are professionally certified or licensed and have lived experiences of addiction and long-term recovery.
Overcoming Addiction – Treatment that Works
Our addiction treatment centres offer rehab programs individually and in groups, presented by our team of registered psychotherapists and certified drug addiction specialists, all of whom have lived experience of addiction and long-term recovery.
Renascent’s rehab centres are comfortable, beautifully restored heritage homes, not bleak institutions. You will be surrounded by loving, caring, experienced staff and other people who are also getting help for an addiction and on a journey of recovery – the best possible environment for addiction help and healing.
Specifically, our holistic substance addiction treatment program provides you with:
- Person-centred, accredited, alcohol addiction treatment;
- Serene, caring, addiction treatment centres in beautiful, comfortable heritage homes in the Toronto and Durham region;
- 12-step and other peer-support programs and meetings that work;
- Choice of 28–35 day inpatient rehab programs
- Round-the-clock support;
- Certified addiction treatment specialists – trained doctors, psychologists, therapists, counsellors, and social workers;
- Education on addiction and recovery; and
- Group and one-on-one counselling and therapy.
- Gender-specific and LGBTQ+ friendly rehab programs;
- Comprehensive mental and physical health assessments;
- Mindfulness therapy;
- Art therapy;
- Regular, nutritious, and delicious meals;
- Guidance on developing a healthy sleep schedule; and
- Optional Continuing Care aftercare program for ongoing support and relapse prevention.