Signs of Opioid Addiction – Opiate Addiction Symptoms
Do you struggle with:
- Craving opioid drugs?
- Using opioids even when you experience harmful effects?
- Feeling like getting and using opioids has become the focus of your thoughts and daily life?
- Withdrawal symptoms such as
- Chills or sweating?
- Diarrhea, nausea, and stomach pain?
- Trouble sleeping?
- Body aches?
- Nervousness, irritability, and agitation?
If you need help or someone to talk to about how to quit an opioid drug, call us for help. We can help you, your family or friends, deal with the effects of an opioid addiction.
Your road to recovery starts here.
What is an Opioid Drug and Opiate Addiction?
Opioid drugs, or opiates, are often prescribed by doctors to help people manage severe pain. But these drugs are also often over-used and misused, leading to opioid addiction.
Types of opioid drugs include:
Opioids are highly addictive and dangerous drugs. Overdoses are common when people take too much of an opioid and it slows down their breathing, leading to unconsciousness and even death.
Opioid use changes your brain and the body in ways that can make it hard to stop using. This is because your body gets used to a regular supply of the drug. If you stop using the opioid, or lower your dose quickly, you will likely experience withdrawal symptoms.
At Renascent, we offer an opioid addiction treatment program that addresses your complete individual needs, supporting you through the detox process and giving you tools for lasting healing and recovery.
There are opioid dependence treatment options available to you. Our team of registered psychotherapists and certified drug addiction specialists will help tailor a treatment program just for you.
We’ve helped over 50,000 people recover from substance addictions and we can help you too.
Opioid Addiction Rehab – help to quit opioids
Once the first step is taken – admitting you need help for opioid addiction – your journey to healing and recovery has begun.
At Renascent, our comprehensive, person-centred, Toronto region addiction treatment programs take place in safe, serene and caring environments inside beautifully restored heritage homes. Our abstinence-based model integrates 12-step facilitation with other best practices in clinical and medical approaches, which are proven to make a difference in long-term sobriety.
Our intensive inpatient treatment program (28–35 day stays) provides around-the-clock counselling and support from our team of registered psychotherapists and certified drug addiction specialists, all of whom have lived experience of addiction and long-term recovery.ecovery.
At Renascent we treat the whole person, because addiction affects you on every level. Your care will be based on an opiate detox program designed just for you.
With our abstinence-based treatment, even those with the most serious of drug addictions can find renewed health and healing, and a truly transformative experience.
Why Renascent Addiction Rehab Centres?
Our substance addiction treatment programs address all your complete individual needs, supporting you through the detox process and give you the tools you need for lasting healing and long-term recovery.
- We are a national leader in treating substance use disorders.
- Over 50 years, we’ve helped over 50,000 people.
- We are a not-for-profit treatment centre – our generous donors help offset your costs for high quality, leading treatment programs that work.
- We are fully accredited and use evidence-based clinical best practices.
- Our treatment centres are serene, comfortable, restorative settings.
- Our holistic approach addresses the families, children, loved ones, workplaces, and communities who are also affected by addiction.
- Our staff are professionally certified or licensed and have lived experiences of addiction and long-term recovery.
Overcoming Addiction – Treatment that Works
Our addiction treatment centres offer rehab programs individually and in groups, presented by our team of registered psychotherapists and certified drug addiction specialists, all of whom have lived experience of addiction and long-term recovery.
Renascent’s rehab centres are comfortable, beautifully restored heritage homes, not bleak institutions. You will be surrounded by loving, caring, experienced staff and other people who are also getting help for an addiction and on a journey of recovery – the best possible environment for addiction help and healing.
Specifically, our holistic substance addiction treatment program provides you with:
- Person-centred, accredited, alcohol addiction treatment;
- Serene, caring, addiction treatment centres in beautiful, comfortable heritage homes in the Toronto and Durham region;
- 12-step and other peer-support programs and meetings that work;
- Choice of 28–35 day inpatient rehab programs
- Round-the-clock support;
- Certified addiction treatment specialists – trained doctors, psychologists, therapists, counsellors, and social workers;
- Education on addiction and recovery; and
- Group and one-on-one counselling and therapy.
- Gender-specific and LGBTQ+ friendly rehab programs;
- Comprehensive mental and physical health assessments;
- Mindfulness therapy;
- Art therapy;
- Regular, nutritious, and delicious meals;
- Guidance on developing a healthy sleep schedule; and
- Optional Continuing Care aftercare program for ongoing support and relapse prevention.