Signs of Cannabis Addiction
Do you struggle with:
- Irritability, anger, or aggression?
- Nervousness, anxiety, and restlessness?
- Sleep difficulty such as insomnia and disturbing dreams?
- Decreased appetite or weight loss?
- Depressed mood?
- Abdominal pain?
- Shakiness or tremors?
- Sweating, fever, chills, or headaches?
These are all signs and symptoms of cannabis withdrawal and addiction.
If you need help or someone to talk to about how to quit cannabis, call us for help. Your road to recovery starts here.
Cannabis is known these days as a ‘soft’ drug – using cannabis is often socially and now legally acceptable in Canada. But if you’re reading this, you may also know it as an addictive substance that can have serious life-changing consequences for you and your loved ones.
Like any other drug, cannabis has serious short- and long-term impacts on your life and health. Effects range from reduced attention and memory to lowered IQ, mental health disorders like anxiety, depression, and schizophrenia and the risk of lung diseases and cancer.
If you are struggling with cannabis addiction, we can help you recover.
We’ve helped more than 50,000 people recover from substance addictions and we can help you too.
Cannabis Addiction Treatment – The Renascent Approach
Our comprehensive, person-centred Toronto and Durham region addiction treatment programs take place in safe, serene, and caring environments inside beautifully restored heritage homes. Our abstinence-based model integrates 12-step facilitation with other best practices in clinical and medical approaches, which are proven to make a difference in long-term sobriety.
Our intensive in-patient cannabis addiction treatment program (28–35 day stays) provides around-the-clock counselling and support from our team of registered psychotherapists and certified drug and alcohol addiction specialists, all of whom have lived experience of addiction and long-term recovery.
At Renascent we treat the whole person, because drug addiction affects you on every level. Your care will be based on an addiction treatment program tailored to meet your unique needs.
At Renascent, cannabis addiction treatment consists of a multi-disciplinary approach to the problem of addiction. It’s an approach that has helped thousands of people who once struggled with addiction achieve lasting recovery.
Why Renascent Addiction Rehab Centres?
Our substance addiction treatment programs address all your complete individual needs, supporting you through the detox process and give you the tools you need for lasting healing and long-term recovery.
- We are a national leader in treating substance use disorders.
- Over 50 years, we’ve helped more than 50,000 people.
- We are a not-for-profit treatment centre – our generous donors help offset your costs for high quality, leading treatment programs that work.
- We are fully accredited and use evidence-informed clinical best practices.
- Our treatment centres are serene, comfortable, restorative settings.
- Our holistic approach addresses the families, children, loved ones, workplaces, and communities who are also affected by addiction.
- Our staff are professionally certified or licensed and have lived experiences of addiction and long-term recovery.
Overcoming Addiction – Treatment that Works
Our addiction treatment centres offer rehab programs individually and in groups, presented by our team of registered psychotherapists and certified drug addiction specialists, all of whom have lived experience of addiction and long-term recovery.
Renascent’s rehab centres are comfortable, beautifully restored heritage homes, not bleak institutions. You will be surrounded by loving, caring, experienced staff and other people who are also getting help for an addiction and on a journey of recovery – the best possible environment for addiction help and healing.
Specifically, our holistic substance addiction treatment program provides you with:
- Person-centred, accredited, alcohol addiction treatment;
- Serene, caring, addiction treatment centres in beautiful, comfortable heritage homes in the Toronto and Durham region;
- 12-step and other peer-support programs and meetings that work;
- Choice of 28–35 day inpatient rehab programs
- Round-the-clock support;
- Certified addiction treatment specialists – trained doctors, psychologists, therapists, counsellors, and social workers;
- Education on addiction and recovery; and
- Group and one-on-one counselling and therapy.
- Gender-specific and LGBTQ+ friendly rehab programs;
- Comprehensive mental and physical health assessments;
- Mindfulness therapy;
- Art therapy;
- Regular, nutritious, and delicious meals;
- Guidance on developing a healthy sleep schedule; and
- Optional Continuing Care aftercare program for ongoing support and relapse prevention.