Do you eat compulsively?
Are you constantly consumed by thoughts of food?
Has food taken over your life?
Have you ever wondered why your previous weight loss and dieting attempts have been unsuccessful?
Have you considered that maybe dieting wasn’t the right treatment approach for you?
Are you tired of blaming and shaming yourself when diets don’t work?
Have you considered the limited and risky surgical options currently available?
At Renascent, we know how hard this is. It is not your fault.
You may have a medical condition that is beginning to gain recognition and acceptance among health professionals. It is a disordered eating condition.
Compulsive eating and food addiction is reported to impact 1 in 20 Canadians. You are not alone in your struggle.
Renascent’s team of experts have developed intensive inpatient and outpatient programs specifically designed to treat compulsive eating and food addiction. We’ve helped nearly 50,000 people recover from substance addictions and can help you too.
Our medical assessment includes 3 stages of assessment:
- Weight/Obesity Assessment by an addiction medicine specialist and registered dietician
- Eating Disorder Assessment by a certified psychologist
- Addiction and General Medical Assessment by an addiction medicine specialist
- Brief Screening & Assessment
- Medical review by a board-certified addiction medicine specialist
- Individual and group counselling
- Education: addiction, relapse prevention, 12-step recovery life skills, coping skills
- Attendance at 12-step meetings
- Desire to change unhealthy, destructive, and potentially life-threatening behaviours
- Medical review and assessment
- 4-week inpatient program: females only (self-identifying)
- 5-day outpatient program: all genders
- Aged 16 and above
Our intensive inpatient program for women is designed for people in late stage of the disease and is delivered by a team of experts with decades of experience in this field.
Our specialized team includes a registered psychologist, registered psychotherapist, registered dietitian, and certified food addiction counsellors as well as our board certified addiction medicine doctor. We provide around-the-clock counselling and support and teach practical recovery skills, getting to the underlying issues to empower you to manage your weight and eating.
Outpatient Services for women and men will be available in Fall 2018 for those in the disease’s early and middle stages.
To arrange a confidential assessment or speak to our team of experts, email email@example.com or call 1-877-230-2918.
The goal of the program is abstinence from triggering food and other mood altering substances and help the client improve the quality of their life. Some of the things you’ll learn:
• How the Disease Affects Your Body, Mind, and Relationships
• Guilt, Shame, Self-Esteem, Dealing with Emotions, and Setting Boundaries
• Grief and the Stages of Recovery
• How to Shop, Chop, and Prep Meals
December 14, 2015 was a life-altering day for me. I entered a treatment centre for my food addiction and my life has been
transformed, as well as losing 75 pounds. I was a person who thought I couldn’t drive to Florida without eating peanut butter sandwiches!
Now I have healthy choices! In my ignorance of my disease, I didn’t realize flour was a trigger for me. During the whole three
weeks, I was never hungry. In fact, a lot of the time it was too much food!
Am I a Food Addict?
Take a 20 question quiz to find out if you may be a food addict.
In the Media
Frequently Asked Questions
Food Addiction Brochure
We are proudly accredited by the Canadian Centre for Accreditation