Renascent’s Food Addiction is an intensive kick-start to recovery grounded in the 12-step approach and a client centered approach – proven to make the difference in long-term recovery. Delivered by registered psychotherapists and certified food addiction counsellors who have the personally lived through the experience of food addiction and recovery. Primary Care offers around-the-clock counselling and support and introduce practical recovery skills.
Comprehensive assessments are completed over the phone and often within the client’s first call
For clients presenting with more complex concurrent issues, Renascent will facilitate a mental health assessment with a clinical psychologist.
- Brief Screening & Assessment\
- Medical review by a board-certified addiction specialist
- Individual and group counselling
- Education: addiction, relapse prevention, 12-step recovery life skills, coping skills
- Attendance at 12-step meetings
- Medical review
- Female – age 16 or over
- Desire to change unhealthy, destructive and potentially life-threatening behaviours
The goal of the program is abstinence from triggering food and other mood altering substances and help the client improve the quality of their life. Some of the things you’ll learn:
• How the Disease Affects Your Body, Mind & Relationships
• Guilt, Shame, Self-Esteem, Dealing with Emotions & Setting Boundaries
• Grief and the Stages of Recovery
• How to Shop, Chop and Prep Meals
December 14, 2015 was a life-altering day for me. I entered a treatment centre for my food addiction and my life has been
transformed, as well as losing 75 pounds. I was a person who thought I couldn’t drive to Florida without eating peanut butter sandwiches!
Now I have healthy choices! In my ignorance of my disease, I didn’t realize flour was a trigger for me. During the whole three
weeks, I was never hungry. In fact, a lot of the time it was too much food!
Am I a Food Addict?
Take a 20 question quiz to find out if you may be a food addict.