Counsellor, Continuing Care
Permanent Full-time Position,
Munro Treatment Centre (Women’s Centre)
July 28th, 2022
Renascent is an accredited leader in the addiction treatment field, with a legacy of serving people impacted by substance addiction for over 50 years. As a community non profit organization, Renascent is committed to its mission of helping save lives through compassionate, transformative, evidence-based addiction and mental health programs, and is guided by values of compassion, integrity, community, diversity and inclusion, and lived experience. Renascent’s accredited treatment programs provide person centered care within an abstinence-based model, integrating 12-step facilitation with current best practice clinical and medical approaches. A diversity of treatment program options are offered, including community inpatient intensive treatment, virtual intensive treatment, and outpatient continuing care and alumni programs. Due to the impact of addiction on families, specialized programs and support are offered for loved ones and family members, including children.
About the position:
Reporting to the Manager, Family and Continuing Care Programs, the Counsellor is responsible for the delivery of Renascent Continuing Care Program services to women and those identifying as women that are experiencing addiction to alcohol and/or other drugs.
The position includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Screening for Continuing Care, intake and orientation of those referred to the program.
- Implements systematic, ongoing goal setting with clients which includes specific planning and establishment of course of action to accomplish goals.
- Participate in program revision and design initiatives.
- Frequently and regularly assesses the client’s progress.
- Provides skill-enhancement through role modelling and instruction according to the Continuing Care Curriculum.
- Provides systematic, structured counselling to individuals and groups in relation to specific program materials and issues.
- Makes necessary referrals regarding any other services required by clients in consultation with the supervisor.
- Works with clients to encourage them to develop or restore their natural support system.
- Maintains all required client records and other documentation in a professional and accurate manner.
- Entry of service level data into Health Records in accordance with Renascent program information guidelines.
- Ensures continuity of care of clients throughout the Continuing Care Program.
- Lived experience of addiction and food recovery and with active involvement in a 12-Step program for alcoholism/addiction required.
- A minimum of one year but preferably three years of continuous sobriety is required.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written are essential, including an ability to share life experiences for the benefit of the clients.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport, earn respect and enforce rules in a manner that is both effective and respectful.
Submitting an Application:
Interested applicants are invited to apply on or before July 28th, 2022. Including a cover letter in your application package is strongly encouraged.
Contact email address: email@example.com
Renascent wishes to thank all individuals who apply for this position, however, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Renascent is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and providing equal access and opportunity for all.