Coordinator, Virtual Continuing Care
Permanent Full-time Position
July 29th, 2022
Renascent is an accredited leader in the addiction treatment field, with a legacy of serving people impacted by substance addiction for over 50 years. As a community non-profit organization, Renascent is committed to its mission of helping save lives through compassionate, transformative, evidence-based addiction and mental health programs, and is guided by values of compassion, integrity, community, diversity and inclusion, and lived experience. Renascent’s accredited treatment programs provide person-centered care within an abstinence-based model, integrating 12-step facilitation with current best practice clinical and medical approaches. A diversity of treatment program options ar offered, including community inpatient intensive treatment, virtual intensive treatment, and outpatient continuing care and alumni programs. Due to the impact of addiction on families, specialized programs and support are offered for loved ones and family members, including children.
About the position:
Accountable to the Manager, Family and Continuing Care Programs, the Continuing Care Coordinator contributes to the day-to-day operations of Continuing Care Program functions with a primary focus on planning, analysing, and coordinating daily operations and supporting the Program Manager and the team.
This position includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Collect, analyse and report accurate data to the Business Development team.
- Track clients graduating from the primary care phase of treatment and assign them to the appropriate Continuing Care Counsellor.
- Support the needs of the continuing care team counsellors related to case load management.
- Act as a primary point of contact with third party referents on all corporate reporting for clients engaged in Continuing Care and ensure all reports reflect quality and professionalism of the organization.
- Embrace a client-centred approach that will provide a positive experience by improving client services and streamlining access to programming for Continuing Care clients.
- Aid in delivery of Continuing Care Programming and related services that fully supports and aligns with Renascent’s strategic goals and business objectives while meeting Renascent Program and Accreditation Standards and Government Requirements.
- As a member of the Continuing Care Team, contribute and function within a team environment and perform duties in a professional manner; participate in professional accreditation, training and career development, and performance management. Occasionally, you will be asked to fill in when the Continuing Care Manager is away.
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of Continuing Care admission, orientations, counselling, and referral processes.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely while meeting the highest standards of professionalism to internally and externally.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner and communicate with co-workers.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent distractions.
- Effectively develop relations and work with others in a supportive and constructive manner to promote continuous growth.
- Are self-aware and open to change by being enthusiastic, flexible and forward thinking.
- Take an active interest in our business development initiatives by understanding how role contributes to the goals and priorities of the organization.
- Take full accountability for tasks and commitments.
- Contribute specialized technical skills and knowledge to the organization.
- Take ownership of career development and are eager to learn.
- College or university diploma in social services, and/or work experience in the field of addictions.
- Self-directed with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage confidential/sensitive information.
- ICADC certification or working towards certification in 12 Core Functions of Substance Abuse Counselling an asset.
- First Aid Certification.
Submitting an Application:
Interested applicants are invited to apply on or before July 29th, 2022. Including a cover letter in your application package is strongly encouraged.
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Renascent wishes to thank all individuals who apply for this position, however, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Renascent is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and providing equal access and opportunity for all.