Careers at Renascent:
Full-time (6 Month Contract) Position
Renascent Paul J Sullivan Centre
Application Deadline: November 22nd, 2023
Renascent is an accredited leader in the addiction treatment field, with a legacy of serving people impacted by substance addiction for over 50 years. As a community non-profit organization, Renascent is committed to its mission of helping save lives through compassionate, transformative, evidence-based addiction and mental health programs, and is guided by values of compassion, integrity, community, diversity and inclusion, and lived experience. Renascent’s accredited treatment programs provide person-centered care within an abstinence-based model, integrating 12-step facilitation with current best practice clinical and medical approaches. A diversity of treatment program options are offered, including community inpatient intensive treatment, virtual intensive treatment, and outpatient continuing care and alumni programs. Due to the impact of addiction on families, specialized programs and support are offered for loved ones and family members, including children.
About the position:
Accountable to the Sullivan Treatment Centre manager for delivery of Renascent Program services to men suffering from addiction to alcohol and/or other drugs; this individual will be contributing to Renascent’s empathetic and collaborative team-based environment, this position reports to the Treatment Centre Manager for delivery of Renascent Program services to individuals impacted by addiction. This Part-Time position includes weekly shifts on both Saturday and Sunday, and an additional weekday shift
- Screening, assessment, and intake of men/women referred to the program for treatment, to determine their suitability for our program. May involve referral to detoxification facilities prior to admission to Renascent, or referral to more appropriate services elsewhere.
- Implements systematic, ongoing goal setting with clients which includes specific planning and establishment of course of action to accomplish goals, in consultation with the Counselling Team.
- Frequently and regularly assesses client’s progress.
- Provides skill-enhancement through role modelling and general instruction.
- Provides systematic, structured counselling to individuals and groups in relation to specific program materials and issues.
- Lived experience of addiction and recovery and active involvement in a12-Step program for addiction required.
- A minimum of three years of continuous sobriety is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written are essential, including an ability to share life experience for the benefit of the clients.
- University degree or College diploma in one of the social sciences or a health related discipline, or the equivalent in work experience.
- Completion of course-work for certification as an Addiction Counsellor is required.
Submitting an Application:
Interested applicants are invited to apply on or before November 22nd, 2023. Including a cover letter in your application package is strongly encouraged.
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Renascent wishes to thank all individuals who apply for this position, however, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Renascent is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and providing equal access and opportunity for all.