Part-Time Permanent Position
Graham Munro Centre
Application Deadline: September 30th, 2022
Renascent is an accredited leader in the addiction treatment field, with a legacy of serving people impacted by substance addiction for over 50 years. As a community non-profit organization, Renascent is committed to its mission of helping save lives through compassionate, transformative, evidence-based addiction and mental health programs, and is guided by values of compassion, integrity, community, diversity and inclusion, and lived experience. Renascent’s accredited treatment programs provide person-centered care within an abstinence-based model, integrating 12-step facilitation with current best practice clinical and medical approaches. A diversity of treatment program options are offered, including community inpatient intensive treatment, virtual intensive treatment, and outpatient continuing care and alumni programs. Due to the impact of addiction on families, specialized programs and support are offered for loved ones and family members, including children.
About the Position:
The part time Cook works closely with the Cooks and are an integral part of the Graham Munro Centre, responsible for preparing nutritious and attractive meals that support the health, wellbeing and recovery of our clients.
- Works on own to prepare nutritious and appealing meals for approximately 25-30 clients and up to 10 staff members/volunteers, on a daily basis.
- Responsible for breakfast, lunch and dinner meals and the preparation of nutritious snacks as required.
- Maintains a sanitary and orderly kitchen and report shortages, missing utensils and equipment in need of repair to the House Manager on a timely basis.
- Ensures the security of consumables. The pantry is considered off limits to all guests. Therefore, cooks are responsible for the dispensing of items such as milk, ensuring that all other items required for set-up of tables before meals are available to the guests.
- Rotating shifts which include Saturdays and Sundays; 4 – 10.5 hours shifts one week; 3 – 10.5 hours shifts the following week for a total of 73.5 hours every two weeks.
- It is expected that our cooks will cooperate with special events/functions.
- Demonstrated experience with cooking in a residential setting.
- Good knowledge of food preparation and storage.
- Good knowledge of cleaning/chemical storage.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to properly manage the kitchen under the direction of the House Manager.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to work cooperatively with all staff members.
- A high level of sensitivity and confidentiality with regard to our clients.
- Required skills in food preparation
- A minimum of one to three years of experience in the food services industry
- A certificate in Food Preparation from a community college is an asset
Submitting an Application:
Interested applicants are invited to apply on or before September 30th, 2022. Including a cover letter in your application package is strongly encouraged.
Contact email address: email@example.com
Renascent wishes to thank all individuals who apply for this position, however, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Renascent is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and providing equal access and opportunity for all