Manager of Human Resources
Full-time Permanent Position
Application Deadline: August 29th, 2022
Renascent is an accredited leader in the addiction treatment field, with a legacy of serving people impacted by substance addiction for over 50 years. As a community non-profit organization, Renascent is committed to its mission of helping save lives through compassionate, transformative, evidence-based addiction and mental health programs, and is guided by values of compassion, integrity, community, diversity and inclusion, and lived experience. Renascent’s accredited treatment programs provide person-centered care within an abstinence-based model, integrating 12-step facilitation with current best practice clinical and medical approaches. A diversity of treatment program options are offered, including community inpatient intensive treatment, virtual intensive treatment, and outpatient continuing care and alumni programs. Due to the impact of addiction on families, specialized programs and support are offered for loved ones and family members, including children.
About the Position:
The Manager of Human Resources is responsible for leadership in the areas of people, engagement, development, recruitment and employee relations across the organization. Reporting to the Director of Finance & Administration, the Manager of Human Resources will act in a generalist role, oversee these fundamental areas, ensure policy compliance with employment laws and best practices, and promote a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, learning and engagement across the organization.
This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Developing goals and strategies to promote equity, diversity and inclusion in recruiting and employee experience.
- Leading the human resources team, providing coaching, support and promoting development..
- Leading and coordinating talent and performance review and development across the organization.
- Managing and facilitating employee relations matters, including being a resource for managers, supervisors and senior management.
- Leading and overseeing the recruitment process for new employees, and facilitation of on-boarding processes.
- Overseeing coordination of employee education and training initiatives and tracking.
- Conducting compensation reviews with benchmarking to advise on compensation and benefit policies.
- Development and review of human resource policies, ensuring compliance with employment laws and best practices.
- Overseeing components of payroll process and systems, working with the Finance team to ensure cohesive oversight and back-up.
- Taking a leadership role in health and safety matters.
- Utilization of HRIS database to track, evaluate and report on key metrics.
- Being current with industry leading best practices, and incorporating into decision-making.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) required, Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) would be an asset.
- Undergraduate degree and/or continued education in human resources, business or related field.
- 10 or more years of broad and progressive experience as a human resources generalist.
- 3 years’ experience in HR leadership role.
- Experience in the administration of payroll, benefits, compensation programs and other HR programs.
- Knowledge of current Ontario based legislation e.g. Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to express ideas and opinions clearly and effectively..
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, quick response to shifting needs and able to manage multiple operational priorities and tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, facilitate conflict resolution and foster employee engagement.
- Self-directed with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage confidential/sensitive information.
- System and process-oriented with strong computer skills.
- Experience in the health care field would be an asset.
Submitting an Application:
Interested applicants are invited to apply on or before August 29th, 2022. Including a cover letter in your application package is strongly encouraged.
Contact email address: email@example.com
Renascent wishes to thank all individuals who apply for this position, however, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Renascent is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and providing equal access and opportunity for all