Client Care, Access & Engagement Counsellor
Full-time Permanent Position
Renascent Lillian & Don Wright Family Health Centre
Application Deadline: December 14th, 2022
Renascent is an accredited leader in the addiction treatment field, with a legacy of serving people impacted by substance addiction for over 50 years. As a community non-profit organization, Renascent is committed to its mission of helping save lives through compassionate, transformative, evidence-based addiction and mental health programs, and is guided by values of compassion, integrity, community, diversity and inclusion, and lived experience. Renascent’s accredited treatment programs provide person-centered care within an abstinence-based model, integrating 12-step facilitation with current best practice clinical and medical approaches. A diversity of treatment program options are offered, including community inpatient intensive treatment, virtual intensive treatment, and outpatient continuing care and alumni programs. Due to the impact of addiction on families, specialized programs and support are offered for loved ones and family members, including children.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Manager, Client Care Access & Engagement, the Counsellor contributes to day to day operations of Client Care Access & Engagement team. This includes front line client contact, screening, along with intake and assessment using standardized tools, while achieving integrated client care service levels and performance targets.
- Screening, assessment, and intake of clients referred to the program for treatment, to determine their suitability for our program. Facilitates a positive client experience by using standard client centered practices, including responding in a timely and professional manner and utilizing call centre technologies to assist in performing the role.
- Listens to client’s requests, identifies suitability and navigates clients to the level of appropriate care to Renascent’s programs and services.
- Conducts intakes, assessments and limited case management utilizing a trauma informed, client centered approach.
- Contribute to organizational objectives of supporting the client journey.
- Coordinate referrals to withdrawal management facilities prior to admission to treatment, or referral to additional services within client’s community when needed.
- Accurately maintain client records and other documentation in a clinical and professional manner.
- Maintains all call related activity requirements in a professional and accurate manner.
- University degree or College diploma in one of the social sciences or a health related discipline, or the equivalent in work experience.
- Completion of course-work for certification as an Addiction Counsellor or working towards.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written are essential. Excellent telephone, interpersonal and customer service skills. Experience in a call Centre and/or Customer Service Environment is an asset.
- Proven ability to utilize open ended questions, build rapport and promote products or services.
- Ability to assess the possible risk of self-harm and handle stressful client situations.
- Possess a thorough understanding of addiction, concurrent disorders and psychiatric conditions.
- Strong problem solving skills with an ability to resolve urgent client situations.
- Ability to perform routine work independently and work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures, standards, and clinical terminology.
- Advanced computer knowledge in a Google calendar and Windows environments, e.g. Word, Excel etc.
- Lived experience of addiction, 12 Step recovery or mental health issues is an asset.
Submitting an Application:
Interested applicants are invited to apply on or before December 14th, 2022. Including a cover letter in your application package is strongly encouraged.
Contact email address: email@example.com
Renascent wishes to thank all individuals who apply for this position, however, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Renascent is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and providing equal access and opportunity for all