Workplace Solutions for Employers
When Addiction Enters Your Workplace
Drug or alcohol addiction doesn’t take a break when your employee leaves home; it walks right into your workplace when they do, affecting their productivity, the safety of their coworkers and your bottom line. If an employee has a substance abuse problem, you’ll likely be seeing some of the following behaviours:
- increased absenteeism
- increased lateness
- decreased productivity
- lower employee morale / moodiness
- difficulty in working with others
- increased disability claims or worker’s compensation claims
- more accidents on the job
Renascent Can Help You and Your Employee
Since 1970 Renascent has been the treatment provider of choice for hundreds of corporations, professional bodies and unions. Renascent’s Workplace Solutions supports both the employee and the employer in addressing substance abuse issues in the workplace.
Renascent’s drug and alcohol treatment outcomes are among the best in Canada with over 71% of Complete Care alumni remaining abstinent at least 24 months post-treatment.* That means a clean, sober, and productive employee for you.
Renascent offers advantages for both the employee and the employer:
- We are the only treatment centre in Canada that facilitates immediate access to treatment. This makes a significant difference – the longer someone waits for addiction treatment, the less likely they’ll be successful.
- Weekly compliance and progress reporting keeps you informed on the employee’s progress so everyone is on the same page and working toward the same recovery goals.
- Competitive fees mean you’re not overpaying. Renascent’s fees are typically 30-50% less expensive than private drug and alcohol treatment centres. And, when you factor in the real costs of unpaid leave and replacement staffing, treatment practically pays for itself.
Our Workplace Solutions team supports both employees and employers throughout the recovery process, ensuring that everyone is on the same page. Hands-on case management means we will assist you every step of the way: from arranging travel and organizing seamless entry into detox and addiction treatment, to workplace reintegration and working through client resistance or situations that threaten sobriety.
Workplace Solutions can assist you in meeting your legal responsibility to accommodate an employee up to the point of “undue hardship” – with the certain knowledge that you’ve done everything in your power to help your employee reclaim his or her life.
Renascent’s Complete Care Advantage
Our Complete Care program offers a pre-to-post addiction treatment service designed to maximize favourable outcomes, expedite your employee’s return to the workplace, and support your employee’s long-term recovery:
- Same-day addiction assessment and treatment recommendations
- Immediate access into treatment: clients can be admitted within 24 hours
- Intervention support
- Withdrawal management and travel coordination
- Intensive inpatient and outpatient programs
- Aftercare and relapse prevention
- Family and children’s programs
- Weekly progress and compliance reports during the entire course of treatment
- Return to work plans
- Education and policy development support
- Insurance plans accepted
To read more on this subject click here to read our article in HRM Canada.
If you suspect an employee has an addiction problem, Renascent is here to help. Call Tania Archer at 647-258-5960 and start getting the answers you need now.
* 71.4% of clients who completed Primary Care and Continuing Care successfully maintained abstinence 24 months post-treatment (Sue Weinstein, Research & Evaluation Consultants, October 2008)