Become a Renascent Contact
One of the best ways you can be of service is to become a Renascent Contact.– introducing newly sober clients or family members to 12-step members and meetings in your community.
Our contact program is vital to the success of our alumni. Outcome studies show that alumni who regularly attend 12-step meetings and sponsor others are twice as successful.
During the final week of a client’s rehab program, our counsellors will facilitate contact between you and the client. Wherever possible we try to match women with women and men with men.
As a Renascent Contact you are free to accept or decline any opportunities presented to you. You don’t need to be a Renascent alumnus to serve as a Renascent Contact.
To ensure you get the best experience out of this service opportunity, it’s important to remember that a Renascent Contact is not an automatic sponsor, best friend, therapist or a substitute for a 12-step program.
To become a Renascent Contact, please read these eligibility and confidentiality requirements.
Renascent Contact Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for service, a Renascent Contact must:
- Regularly attend 12-step meetings and have a Home Group
- Take the new Renascent alum to a few meetings and introduce him or her to other 12-step group members
- Sign a confidentiality agreement
In addition, a Renascent Contact working with recovering alcoholics and/or addicts must:
- Have a minimum of three months of continuous sobriety
- Be available to meet the client within 24 to 48 hours of their return home and/or be available by phone
Renascent Contact Confidentiality Agreement
- As a volunteer Renascent Contact, I will have access to information and material relating to clients, employees, other individuals, or Renascent, which are of a private and confidential nature.
- At all times, I shall respect the privacy and dignity of clients, employees and all associated individuals.
- I shall treat all Renascent administrative, financial, client, employee and other records as confidential material, and I will protect them to ensure full confidentiality. I shall not read records or discuss, divulge or disclose such information unless there is a legitimate purpose as it relates to my duties as a Renascent Contact.
- I shall ensure that confidential information is not inappropriately accessed, used or released either directly by me, or by virtue of my signature or security access to premises or systems.
- I also understand that should any of these conditions be breached, Renascent may withdraw my status as a Renascent Contact.
To become an Alumni Contact, please contact Ed Harding at email@example.com