Addiction Treatment Admission Requirements
Welcome to Renascent – Drug Rehab Toronto. We are glad to started your road recovery through our Addiction Treatment. To help you prepare for your upcoming admission to drug and alcohol addiction, please note the following admission requirements. These requirements are in place to help you get the most from your treatment experience.
Clean and Sober
For your safety, and to get the most out of our drug rehabilitation & treatment programs, you must be clean and sober – free from alcohol and drugs – for at least three days (72 hours) prior to admission.
If you are using prescription or street opiates, benzodiazepines or methamphetamine (crystal meth/speed) or heroin, Tylenol 1 to 4 or prescription cough or cold remedies, you must be clean and sober for a minimum of eight days prior to admission.
You may be sent to a withdrawal management centre if the clean and sober requirements are not met.
Renascent counsellors are available to help you find a medical professional or withdrawal management facility to help you withdraw safely from drugs and alcohol prior to admission. Call us toll-free at 1-866-232-1212 well in advance of your admission date for help in finding the right withdrawal management service for you.
If you are prescribed medications for withdrawal, you must inform Renascent before your admission.
Prior to admission, you must:
- Provide a VALID health card number.
- Attend a medical assessment with Renascent’s Medical Director, Dr. Tarman.
What to bring
- Towels and washcloth,
- Toiletries (toothbrush, shampoo, soap, shaving gear, etc.),
- Seasonal outerwear and footwear (you will be going outside to attend meetings)
- Comfortable and appropriate clothing and footwear for indoor use. Casual dress is fine; please refrain from seductive or “sloppy” attire.
- Your prescription medications (that have been approved by Renascent)
- Funds to cover personal expenses (minimum $100 for TTC for Munro and Punanai centres and $150 for Sullivan centre)
- Quarters or phone cards for pay phone use
- For your safety, all out of town Munro clients must bring a refundable return bus or train ticket home
- Clients currently on bail are to bring their bail papers
What not to bring
- Cell phones, TVs, laptops, iPods, iPads, musical instruments, exercise equipment (clock radios are fine)
- No personal vehicles are allowed during your treatment stay
- No addictive substances – see “Prohibited Substances”
Other helpful information
- Admission time is 9:30 am. Please be on time.
- Here is a list of our prohibited substances.
- During your stay with us, we need you to focus exclusively on getting well. You may not make any medical, legal, business or personal appointments while in treatment. Please reschedule all your appointments before entering treatment.
- Washers, dryers and detergent are available on-site to do laundry.
- Pay phones are available during limited times.
- Renascent has programs for your family. Be sure they know to attend Family Information Night on the first Tuesday of every month (7:00 – 8:30 pm at 38 Isabella Street). It’s free and no registration is required.
- Visiting hours:
- Graham Munro Centre: Saturday, 2:00 – 4:30 pm
- Punanai Centre: Saturday, 1:30 – 4:30 pm
- Paul J. Sullivan Centre: Saturday, 1:30 – 4:30 pm